Couple flying high with new venture as they celebrate 20 years since launch of new business
- Credit: Archant
A Soham couple are celebrating the 20th anniversary of their tech in logistics business by expanding into drones.
Lynn and Kieron Parnell, co-directors of Logistics Partners Consultancy Ltd, plan to carry out inspections inside warehouses using airborne technology.
“Kieron has worked as a chartered engineer in the aerospace industry for 30 years – flight-testing and certifying aircraft such as the Harrier and Typhoon,” said Lynn, who founded the business in September 2000.
“He came on board with me last March and has recently acquired expertise in piloting drones.”
Having worked for logistics providers and software suppliers, Lynn decided at the turn of the millennium to set up her own consultancy to help customers introduce more efficient systems and technology. She at once secured a contract with Musgrave Group – Ireland’s largest grocery distributor – planning and implementing the currency conversion from pound to euro.
You may also want to watch:
Logistics Partners’ varied client base has since grown to include ecommerce brands such as Temple Spa, as well as Heathrow Airport.
Lynn recently received industry recognition in the form of a finalist placing at the 2020 Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) Awards for Excellence for her work at one of Europe’s largest construction sites at Battersea Power Station.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
“We are delighted to have been acknowledged in the ‘Technology Innovation’ category for our contribution towards the restoration of the iconic Battersea Power Station,” said Lynn, who is a chartered fellow of the CILT.
“The timing of this news couldn’t be more perfect as we prepare to celebrate our 20-year anniversary.
“It is up there with so many highlights – including becoming a pro bono ambassador for the not-for-profit organisation Transaid, which aims to transform lives through safe, available, and sustainable transport. I am passionate about making sure everyone in our industry knows about them”
Operating out of their home in the centre of Soham, Lynn and Kieron are developing their new drone offering.
“I am proud of Lynn and all that she has accomplished since 2000,” said Kieron.
“It was a dream of ours to run the business together. Now we are co-directors, we are excited to explore what works best for the industry and launch a drone service that matches our customers’ requirements.”
The finals of the CILT Awards for Excellence have been postponed until March 2021.