Driving ban after putting lives at risk
A MOTORIST wh frced an emergency ambulance t swerve in rder t avid a head-n cllisin has been banned frm driving fr fur mnths. Simn Glder was driving n the A10 at Stretham when he vertk traffic in the face f the ambulance with its blue
A MOTORIST wh frced an emergency ambulance t swerve in rder t avid a head-n cllisin has been banned frm driving fr fur mnths.
Simn Glder was driving n the A10 at Stretham when he vertk traffic in the face f the ambulance with its blue lights flashing.
"The ambulance driver said they narrwly escaped a head-n cllisin," prsecutr Delia Matthews tld Ely magistrates.
She tld hw Glder had earlier tried t undertake a car n the A10, and vertk six cars as he apprached Stretham rundabut.
He had als cntravened hatch markings n the rad as he vertk a bus, and brke the speed limit.
Unemplyed Glder, 41, f Bustards Lane, Walple St Peter, admitted driving withut due care and attentin n July 9 last year, but tld the curt he culd nt remember the incident. He asked the curt nt t ban him frm driving, because he was the main carer fr his 65-year-ld mther, wh has arthritis in her spine.
- 1 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 2 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 3 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 4 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 5 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 6 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 8 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
- 9 Visit Ely announces series of fun-packed events ahead of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 10 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
Presiding magistrate Kathy Bradney tld him: "We thught yur standard f driving was very bad. Yu must have seen the ambulance cming, but still vertk, at risk t ther vehicles."
Glder was fined £100 with £35 csts and a £15 surcharge.