Driving ban after putting lives at risk
A MOTORIST wh frced an emergency ambulance t swerve in rder t avid a head-n cllisin has been banned frm driving fr fur mnths. Simn Glder was driving n the A10 at Stretham when he vertk traffic in the face f the ambulance with its blue
A MOTORIST wh frced an emergency ambulance t swerve in rder t avid a head-n cllisin has been banned frm driving fr fur mnths.
Simn Glder was driving n the A10 at Stretham when he vertk traffic in the face f the ambulance with its blue lights flashing.
"The ambulance driver said they narrwly escaped a head-n cllisin," prsecutr Delia Matthews tld Ely magistrates.
She tld hw Glder had earlier tried t undertake a car n the A10, and vertk six cars as he apprached Stretham rundabut.
You may also want to watch:
He had als cntravened hatch markings n the rad as he vertk a bus, and brke the speed limit.
Unemplyed Glder, 41, f Bustards Lane, Walple St Peter, admitted driving withut due care and attentin n July 9 last year, but tld the curt he culd nt remember the incident. He asked the curt nt t ban him frm driving, because he was the main carer fr his 65-year-ld mther, wh has arthritis in her spine.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
Presiding magistrate Kathy Bradney tld him: "We thught yur standard f driving was very bad. Yu must have seen the ambulance cming, but still vertk, at risk t ther vehicles."
Glder was fined £100 with £35 csts and a £15 surcharge.