Drivers Warned of Diversions on A1101 Between Littleport and Mildenhall
DRIVERS are being warned to avoid the A1101 between Littleport and Mildenhall as essential repair work is carried out next week. Cambridgeshire County Council and Suffolk County Council are joining forces to repair the A1101 between Littleport and Milden
DRIVERS are being warned to avoid the A1101 between Littleport and Mildenhall as essential repair work is carried out next week.
Cambridgeshire County Council and Suffolk County Council are joining forces to repair the A1101 between Littleport and Mildenhall.
Contractors working on behalf of the two authorities will be sharing the same traffic management and diversions so that the A1101 will only be closed once for both sets of work, keeping inconvenience for drivers to a minimum.
Cambridgeshire County Council is resurfacing the A1101, Mildenhall Road, Littleport, between the A10 roundabout and Glovers Farm, at a cost of �350,000. This includes planing off the existing surface, resurfacing the road, and replacing white lines and road studs.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Suffolk CC is undertaking resurfacing on its side of the A1101, North of Kenny Hill on sections of Mildenhall Drove (Phase 1) and Burnt Fen Turnpike (Phase 2), at a cost of �800,000. The roadworks will be similar to those in Cambridgeshire but there will also be ditch cleaning carried out in Suffolk during the closure.
The work will take place between March 8 - 27 between 7pm - 6am, when the road will be closed to through traffic for the whole duration between the A10 roundabout in Cambridgeshire and the U6020, Kenny Hill Drove, Kenny Hill, in Suffolk.
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 7 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 8 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
Signed diversion routes will be applied from Littleport via Queen Adelaide, Prickwillow, Isleham, Freckenham, and Worlington to Mildenhall and vice versa. Access will only be permitted to properties, farms and the residents of the village of Little Ouse between Kenny Hill Drove and the A10 Littleport roundabout during the hours of closure. There still may be some delays, however, depending on the work being carried out.
During non-working hours traffic will be able to use the A1101, but speed restrictions will be in place on both sites and delays expected. Drivers are advised to use the diversion routes and keep vehicle movements to a minimum.