Drivers wanted for a charity meals on wheels service coming to the Ely area
- Credit: Archant
A charity meals on wheels service is looking for three drivers from the Ely area to help expand its delivery rounds.
The 12 year old charity Camms Meals on Wheels, which also acts as a crisis reporting service, is opening routes in Ely and the surrounding areas at the beginning of May.
Anna Disley-Stevens said: “Such is the demand from the elderly, unwell or those that find it hard to get out of the house, that this service is doing its best to keep up with all the areas trying to access it.
“With so many people wanting to stay in their own homes for as long as possible and the pressure on hospital beds, it means that people are leaving hospital earlier and may require home support.
“We have people that have been with Camms Meals on Wheels for a very long time and we are taking on more and more new clients each week.”
The charity provides a weekday delivered hot meal to the elderly or infirm who cannot provide one for themselves.
It also gives carers a break, provides a daily contact for clients and peace of mind for their relatives.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 7 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 8 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 9 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 10 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
Occasional crises are reported immediately to the CAMMS Meals on Wheels office for relaying as required, Anna said.
Camms Meals on Wheels would like to find one to three new client support drivers from Ely who will help to manage the new route.
Anyone interested should call 01223 314288 and ask for Anna.