Drivers wanted for a charity meals on wheels service coming to the Ely area
- Credit: Archant
A charity meals on wheels service is looking for three drivers from the Ely area to help expand its delivery rounds.
The 12 year old charity Camms Meals on Wheels, which also acts as a crisis reporting service, is opening routes in Ely and the surrounding areas at the beginning of May.
Anna Disley-Stevens said: “Such is the demand from the elderly, unwell or those that find it hard to get out of the house, that this service is doing its best to keep up with all the areas trying to access it.
“With so many people wanting to stay in their own homes for as long as possible and the pressure on hospital beds, it means that people are leaving hospital earlier and may require home support.
“We have people that have been with Camms Meals on Wheels for a very long time and we are taking on more and more new clients each week.”
You may also want to watch:
The charity provides a weekday delivered hot meal to the elderly or infirm who cannot provide one for themselves.
It also gives carers a break, provides a daily contact for clients and peace of mind for their relatives.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
Occasional crises are reported immediately to the CAMMS Meals on Wheels office for relaying as required, Anna said.
Camms Meals on Wheels would like to find one to three new client support drivers from Ely who will help to manage the new route.
Anyone interested should call 01223 314288 and ask for Anna.