‘Please pay attention’: Firefighters urge motorists to keep front of station clear
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being urged to “pay attention” after several cars were stopped at a standstill on ‘Keep Clear’ lines outside Ely Fire Station.
Road works near the Egremont Street station are causing heavy traffic, with some drivers stopping in the area where fire engines exit in an emergency.
The Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service has photographed a number of cars blocking the station and are reminding drivers that “every second counts”.
A spokesperson said: “Our fire engines can be called to an incident any time of day or night.
“This means we need constant access to our stations and for the roads outside them to be kept clear at all times.
You may also want to watch:
“If you are caught in these traffic jams, please make sure you’re keeping the front of our fire station clear
“There are white lines on the road indicating the space we need kept clear.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
“They might be faded, but they are still visible, so please pay attention to them if you’re stopping along this road.
“Blocking our stations could cause a delay, and in an emergency, every second counts. Help us help you!”