‘Please pay attention’: Firefighters urge motorists to keep front of station clear
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being urged to “pay attention” after several cars were stopped at a standstill on ‘Keep Clear’ lines outside Ely Fire Station.
Road works near the Egremont Street station are causing heavy traffic, with some drivers stopping in the area where fire engines exit in an emergency.
The Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service has photographed a number of cars blocking the station and are reminding drivers that “every second counts”.
A spokesperson said: “Our fire engines can be called to an incident any time of day or night.
“This means we need constant access to our stations and for the roads outside them to be kept clear at all times.
“If you are caught in these traffic jams, please make sure you’re keeping the front of our fire station clear
“There are white lines on the road indicating the space we need kept clear.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
“They might be faded, but they are still visible, so please pay attention to them if you’re stopping along this road.
“Blocking our stations could cause a delay, and in an emergency, every second counts. Help us help you!”