Crash on A141 caused by 'medical issue'
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A driver was taken to hospital after a crash on the A141 at Wimblington last night (Wednesday).
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the Isle of Ely Way where one person was released from the car.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesperson said “a medical issue” caused the crash.
The spokesperson added: “The driver was taken to Peterborough City Hospital by ambulance and no other vehicle was involved.”
Crews from Chatteris and March fire stations were also called to the scene.
A spokesperson for Chatteris fire station said: “The crews arrived on scene to find one car involved with the driver of the car still trapped inside.
“Crews worked quickly and effectively, alongside the police and ambulance service to release the casualty from the vehicle.
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 7 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 8 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Green bin collections suspended
“The casualty was released by the fire crews and conveyed to hospital by the ambulance service."