Driver miraculously avoids injury after his van flips and leaves the road in Soham
- Credit: Archant
There was a lucky escape for a delivery driver caught up in Storm Doris in Soham.
His Corkers Crisps van was left severely damaged after the storm’s high winds caused it to flip and come to a skidding halt and the side of the road on Eye Hill Drove this afternoon (Thursday February 23).
The van is thought to be a write-off, but luckily the driver was left shaken but uninjured.
The accident is one of 40 that police in East Cambridgeshire have dealt with since Storm Doris hit the UK last night.
Sergeant Phil Priestley said: “Since 9pm last night we’ve responded to around 40 calls relating to the situations on the roads and road traffic collisions.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re working with our partners in the Highways Agency, with the Ambulance Service and with Fire & Rescue to deal with the matters that have been reported.
“We advise all drivers to take care on the roads in the prevailing conditions and to be mindful of the high winds, particularly if driving high sided vehicles.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home