Driver loses out in the fog
A TEENAGE car driver involved in a collision at Littleport on a foggy day last December has been convicted of driving without due care and attention. Andrejs Gricans was driving a Peugeot 309 when the accident took place at the junction of the A1101 and t
A TEENAGE car driver involved in a collision at Littleport on a foggy day last December has been convicted of driving without due care and attention.
Andrejs Gricans was driving a Peugeot 309 when the accident took place at the junction of the A1101 and the B1282.
Writing to Ely magistrates, 19-year-old Gricans, of King's Green, King's Lynn, said he had got lost in the fog, and was running out of petrol when he came upon the junction.
"I started to brake and slid," he said. "There was a car approaching from my left and there was a collision."
You may also want to watch:
He had been driving at speeds between 35 and 40mph in the thick fog, he added.
Gricans was also convicted of driving without a licence or an MoT certificate, and failing to produce his insurance to the police.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
He was fined a total of £340 with £42 costs and seven points were put on his driving record.