Drivers escape unhurt after A10 ditch crash
- Credit: Google Maps
Two drivers escaped serious injury after a crash caused one vehicle to enter a ditch off the A10.
Cambridgeshire Police were called to the A10 Ely Road, Chittering just before 7.30am today (Wednesday) after the crash, which blocked the road to motorists.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesperson said: “We were called at 7.27am today with reports of a collision southbound on Ely Road, Chittering involving two cars.
“One vehicle had ended up in a ditch as a result, but there were no reported injuries.
“As a result of the collision there was queuing traffic in the area.”
The drivers of a blue Peugeot car and a white Volkswagen Caddy van were unharmed following the crash and police later reopened the road.
The spokesperson added: “There are no details on the ages and genders of those involved.
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 3 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 4 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 5 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 10 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
"The earlier accident has now been cleared, although traffic queues may take a while to clear.”