Driver Involved In Road Accident Was Over The Limit
A DRINK-driver involved in a road accident at Stuntney has been banned from driving for 16 months. Nuno Teles Travassos had drunk two glasses of wine and a glass of brandy before he argued with his wife and left his Ely home, city magistrates were told. H
A DRINK-driver involved in a road accident at Stuntney has been banned from driving for 16 months.
Nuno Teles Travassos had drunk two glasses of wine and a glass of brandy before he argued with his wife and left his Ely home, city magistrates were told.
He collided with another vehicle on the A142 Soham Road at Stuntney just before 11pm on July 18. His breath test reading was 49 mcgs of alcohol in 100 mls of breath, 14 mcgs above the legal limit.
"I was upset when I went out," 35-year-old Travassos of Walsingham Way, Ely, told the court on Thursday. "I stopped in a lay-by, thinking about my life, and then I decided to go home.
You may also want to watch:
"I did not feel drunk, but I was upset. I saw two cars in front of me, one overtook the other. I was confused, and did not have time to do anything. There was an accident and I called the police."
Travassos was fined �320 and must pay costs of �60 and a �15 surcharge.
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line