Driver flees after car smashes into tree
POLICE are investigating a collision which took place near Littleport on Wednesday night after the driver fled the scene.
Officers were called to the A10 Littleport Bypass at about 10.10pm following reports that a car had left the road and smashed into a tree.
Fire-crews from Cambridge and Ely were also called to aid any rescue attempt.
When emergency services arrived however, no sign of the driver or any passengers were found. The police helicopter was called in but was also unable to trace anybody in the area.
The vehicle was left in situ over night and officers returned to the scene again on Thursday morning to investigate.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is advised to contact Cambridgeshire police on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail