Driver flees after car smashes into tree
POLICE are investigating a collision which took place near Littleport on Wednesday night after the driver fled the scene.
Officers were called to the A10 Littleport Bypass at about 10.10pm following reports that a car had left the road and smashed into a tree.
Fire-crews from Cambridge and Ely were also called to aid any rescue attempt.
When emergency services arrived however, no sign of the driver or any passengers were found. The police helicopter was called in but was also unable to trace anybody in the area.
The vehicle was left in situ over night and officers returned to the scene again on Thursday morning to investigate.
Anyone with information is advised to contact Cambridgeshire police on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Murder trial hears of 'appalling catalogue of injuries' suffered by baby
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Relief for clinical Soham as four-month winless run is over
- 4 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 5 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Villagers confront the challenge of Corkers rising from the ashes
- 8 Hospital study shows daily capsules could help long Covid sufferers
- 9 Match ball from Cambridge United's victory against Newcastle to be raffled for charity
- 10 Football club reunion bids to bring good times back to Barry