Driver flees after car smashes into tree
POLICE are investigating a collision which took place near Littleport on Wednesday night after the driver fled the scene.
Officers were called to the A10 Littleport Bypass at about 10.10pm following reports that a car had left the road and smashed into a tree.
Fire-crews from Cambridge and Ely were also called to aid any rescue attempt.
When emergency services arrived however, no sign of the driver or any passengers were found. The police helicopter was called in but was also unable to trace anybody in the area.
The vehicle was left in situ over night and officers returned to the scene again on Thursday morning to investigate.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is advised to contact Cambridgeshire police on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 9 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road