Driver Downed Half A Bottle Of Vodka
DRINK-driver Linda Tranter downed a half bottle of vodka in just five minutes after one of her car tyres shredded. She tried to continue her journey, but after struggling to drive about a mile, she got out and walked along the road. An officer found Tran
DRINK-driver Linda Tranter downed a half bottle of vodka in just five minutes after one of her car tyres shredded.
She tried to continue her journey, but after struggling to drive about a mile, she got out and walked along the road.
"An officer found Tranter walking in the road towards Burwell," prosecutor Matthew Bradbury told Ely magistrates. "It was clear she was under the influence of alcohol."
Fifty-year-old Tranter was aggressive and seemed disturbed when taken to a police station, and gave a breath test reading almost double the legal alcohol limit.
You may also want to watch:
Tranter, of Willetts Way, Dawley, Telford, admitted drink driving along the B1102 at Swaffham Prior on May 26.
Because she had a previous drink driving conviction dating back to 2005, she was banned from driving for three years, and fined £250 with £60 costs and a £15 surcharge.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Solicitor Michael Judkins said Tranter had an alcohol problem, and suffered with depression. She had been driving to Chelmsford to stay with her sister, and had drunk the vodka because she was shaken up by the damage to her car.