Driver cut out of car and taken to hospital after crash on A142 near Mepal
- Credit: Archant
A driver had to be cut out of their vehicle after a crash on the A142 River Bridge near Mepal on Friday night.
“Officers were called to the scene at 5.35pm and one driver had to be cut out of their vehicle by the fire service as a precautionary measure to prevent any further injury,” said a Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue spokesman.
“The driver was taken to hospital with injuries that are not believed to be life threatening. The other was thankfully unhurt.
“As always, we would like to thank our colleagues from the ambulance and fire services as well as other motorists who patiently waited until the road was re-opened.”
One nearby resident said on social media: “We heard the sirens and the helicopter from our house in Mepal. Our hearts sink whenever we hear them.
You may also want to watch:
“The number of serious RTA’s on this stretch of road is shocking, and something needs to be done to increase safety.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment