‘Drink OR drive - don’t risk it’ - that’s East Cambs police’s message after Saturday spot checks
- Credit: Archant
Around 200 vehicles were stopped and drivers breathalised during drink driving checks on Saturday.
Four teams of East Cambs police officers were on active patrol with the aim of cracking down on drivers who ignore the legal alcohol limit.
PC Gerry Cronin said: “We’ve had one chap who blew 10 - the legal limit is 35 microgrammes of alcohol to 100 millilitres of breath.
“He told us that he’d drank a glass of mulled wine about half an hour ago.
“He was pretty nervous when he was blowing into the tube.”
You may also want to watch:
East Cambs also warned: “It just shows you that it’s really not worth it.
“Drink or drive - don’t risk it! If you’re thinking about it, better call a taxi.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning