Drink Driver Who Mounted The Kerb Is Spotted By A Police Car.
A DRINK-driver behind the wheel of a Jaguar car mounted a kerb after passing a police car. Sharon Forden had driven on the wrong side of the road and clipped the offside kerb before she was stopped by officers near her home – and she gave an alcohol test
A DRINK-driver behind the wheel of a Jaguar car mounted a kerb after passing a police car.
Sharon Forden had driven on the wrong side of the road and clipped the offside kerb before she was stopped by officers near her home - and she gave an alcohol test more than double the legal limit.
"She smelled of alcohol and her speech was slurred," prosecutor Laura Mardell told Ely magistrates. "She failed a roadside test, and because the breath test machine was not working at the police station, she gave a urine test."
The test result given by Forden, 46, of North Street, Burwell, was 273 mgs of alcohol in 100 mls of urine, when the limit is 107 mgs.
You may also want to watch:
"When she left a friend's house there was a group of rowdy males in the vicinity, she felt vulnerable and so decided to drive home," explained solicitor Adam Haselhurst.
The court gave Forden a 22-month driving ban and ordered her to pay a �350 fine, �60 costs and a �15 surcharge.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?