Drink Driver Who Mounted The Kerb Is Spotted By A Police Car.
A DRINK-driver behind the wheel of a Jaguar car mounted a kerb after passing a police car. Sharon Forden had driven on the wrong side of the road and clipped the offside kerb before she was stopped by officers near her home – and she gave an alcohol test
A DRINK-driver behind the wheel of a Jaguar car mounted a kerb after passing a police car.
Sharon Forden had driven on the wrong side of the road and clipped the offside kerb before she was stopped by officers near her home - and she gave an alcohol test more than double the legal limit.
"She smelled of alcohol and her speech was slurred," prosecutor Laura Mardell told Ely magistrates. "She failed a roadside test, and because the breath test machine was not working at the police station, she gave a urine test."
The test result given by Forden, 46, of North Street, Burwell, was 273 mgs of alcohol in 100 mls of urine, when the limit is 107 mgs.
You may also want to watch:
"When she left a friend's house there was a group of rowdy males in the vicinity, she felt vulnerable and so decided to drive home," explained solicitor Adam Haselhurst.
The court gave Forden a 22-month driving ban and ordered her to pay a �350 fine, �60 costs and a �15 surcharge.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks