Drink Driver Who Mounted The Kerb Is Spotted By A Police Car.
A DRINK-driver behind the wheel of a Jaguar car mounted a kerb after passing a police car. Sharon Forden had driven on the wrong side of the road and clipped the offside kerb before she was stopped by officers near her home – and she gave an alcohol test
A DRINK-driver behind the wheel of a Jaguar car mounted a kerb after passing a police car.
Sharon Forden had driven on the wrong side of the road and clipped the offside kerb before she was stopped by officers near her home - and she gave an alcohol test more than double the legal limit.
"She smelled of alcohol and her speech was slurred," prosecutor Laura Mardell told Ely magistrates. "She failed a roadside test, and because the breath test machine was not working at the police station, she gave a urine test."
The test result given by Forden, 46, of North Street, Burwell, was 273 mgs of alcohol in 100 mls of urine, when the limit is 107 mgs.
You may also want to watch:
"When she left a friend's house there was a group of rowdy males in the vicinity, she felt vulnerable and so decided to drive home," explained solicitor Adam Haselhurst.
The court gave Forden a 22-month driving ban and ordered her to pay a �350 fine, �60 costs and a �15 surcharge.
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 6 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Grants available for organisations in Ely
- 10 Man, 73, pens pandemic poem after pal tests positive for coronavirus