‘Unsteady driver’ caught three-and-a-half times over the legal alcohol limit stopped by police officers in Ely
- Credit: TWITTER / BCH ROAD POLICING
A driver was caught three-and-a-half times over the legal alcohol limit by police officers in Ely.
A member of the public reported the driver after they were spotted mounting the kerb and driving erratically through the city on Wednesday, June 5.
The unsteady offender had to be helped into the back of the police car after they were pulled over and breathalysed.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Yesterday a member of the public reported someone driving erratically in Ely.
"Officers stopped and breathalysed the unsteady driver, who was found to be three and a half times over the legal limit. We can't be everywhere but we could be anywhere."
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for BCH Road Policing Unit said: "Reports [came in] from a member of the public of a vehicle all over the road and mounting the kerb in Ely.
"[The vehicle was] located and an unsteady driver [was] helped into the back of our car. At three-and-a-half the legal limit, this driver will be staying with us for a while."
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told