Drink-driver had to lean on car
POLICE were curious when they saw traffic slowing up behind a red BMW in Soham just before midnight – and then discovered the driver was over the alcohol limit. Officers stopped Graham Cave s car on the A142, and noticed he was unsteady on his feet and he
POLICE were curious when they saw traffic slowing up behind a red BMW in Soham just before midnight - and then discovered the driver was over the alcohol limit.
Officers stopped Graham Cave's car on the A142, and noticed he was unsteady on his feet and he had to lean on the car to steady himself.
Cave, 52, slurred his speech, and failed a breathalyser test, prosecutor Matthew Bradbury told Ely magistrates.
He gave an alcohol test reading of 48 mcgs of alcohol in 100 mls of breath, when the legal limit is 35mcgs.
Mitigating, solicitor Claire Bennett said Cave had been attending a social event in Ely, and two designated drivers had let him down.
Cave, of Stoke Street, Ipswich, was banned from driving for 12 months and fined £200 with £60 costs and a £15 surcharge.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told