Drink driver did not understand he had ban’
JUST 24 hours after being banned from driving, Martin Lambillion was back behind the wheel of a car in Littleport. He tried to lose a police officer who followed him through the town, but was stopped in Limes Close. A check with the police national comput
JUST 24 hours after being banned from driving, Martin Lambillion was back behind the wheel of a car in Littleport.
He tried to lose a police officer who followed him through the town, but was stopped in Limes Close.
A check with the police national computer showed he had been given an interim driving ban the previous day for an offence of drink driving - his third drink related offence within 10 years.
At Ely courthouse on Thursday, 29-year-old Lambillion, of Longfield Road, Littleport, admitted driving while disqualified and without insurance, and failing to appear before Ely magistrates on May 9.
Prosecuting, Yetunde Fawehinmi told how Pc William Creasey had seen Lambillion driving a Kia vehicle on May 5. He followed Lambillion, seeing him drive straight across a mini-roundabout and driving without respect for other road users.
Mitigating, Jacqui Baldwin said Lambillion had not understood that he had been given an interim ban for the drink-driving offence, awaiting reports to be prepared by the probation service.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 4 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 5 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 6 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
Lambillion was remanded in custody until June 1, when he is due for sentencing on all charges.