Dreaming on a Midsummer’s Night by OWL Productions set to stun at Jesus College
- Credit: Archant
Dreaming on a Midsummer’s Night, a performance by OWL Productions, is coming to Jesus College, Cambridge next month.
Boasting a cast of 45 adults with varying learning disabilities and of different ages, the adaptation of William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream takes place on July 23.
The show comes after the group turned a local church into a theatre when they performed Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat earlier this year.
Suzanne Moore, lead project worker, said: “OWL is a project run by The Papworth Trust, a charity which promotes and aids independence for adults with learning disabilities.
“OWL productions was created from this project due to the interest and skills from the individuals attending.
You may also want to watch:
“From the first production to the most recent it was clear how those taking part had grown in confidence and gained skills such as making eye contact and voice projection.
“I continue to challenge the cast through more complex scripts, new venues and larger audiences - each time with astounding results.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
The performance will be held in The Fellows’ Garden, Jesus College, Cambridge, with a show at 1.30pm and a second show at 5pm.
Tickets, £10 for adults and £5 for concessions, can be purchased by emailing Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org or Minhuey.email@example.com or call 01223 835329.