Dozens of children track down 650 chocolate treats as part of Soham’s annual Easter egg hunt
- Credit: Archant
More than 60 children descended on Soham at the weekend in search of 650 chocolate treats as part of the town’s annual Easter egg hunt.
Vanessa Prates, who has organised the event for the last five years, said: “Every year we seem to have more children. This year we had 62 children attending all from Soham, Ely and the Mildenhall area.
“I started this event to bring the community together - we have children of all nationalities: English, Portuguese, Hungarian, Polish, Lithuanian and many more.
“At the end of the day there is nothing better then doing outdoor activities, having fun and making children happy.”
She added: “All the parents were really happy and the children loved it.
You may also want to watch:
“The weather was perfect; a little too hot as some eggs started to melt.
“My friend, Dulce, helps out by dressing up each year; this year she became a chicken.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
“Elsa Vidal kindly donates a present to every child at the end of the event, and this year every child had a little bunny and a medal.
“My friend Sid helps hiding the eggs and makes sure no ones picks them before the event.”
There was also face-painting on the day, as well as a race where pairs of friends have to hold an egg between their foreheads.
After the egg hunt and race, every child received a medal and a toy bunny before posing for pictures with Dulce the chicken.