Double the challenge
THE award-winning Viva Youth Theatre will stage two productions next week to raise money needed to take them to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. They will perform Little Shop of Horrors and Blood Brothers at Soham Village College, which people can see free
THE award-winning Viva Youth Theatre will stage two productions next week to raise money needed to take them to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
They will perform Little Shop of Horrors and Blood Brothers at Soham Village College, which people can see free of charge.
The group had planned to just take the former show up to the Fringe in August but organisers were so impressed by their previous fetival performances, they asked them to take two productions.
Viva's artistic director Dan Schuman said: "It was a real surprise but we said 'yes' immediately, then set about in a mad rush trying to find a suitable show."
Project leader Jennie Roberts said: "Viva primarily produces musicals, so it is a big change to be running a straight play."
Little Shop of Horrors is a comedy musical about aliens - a stark contrast to Blood Brothers, a heartbreaking story about twins separated at birth.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 4 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 7 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 8 PROFILE: Steve Barclay – MP for NE Cambs and front man for Boris Johnson
- 9 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 10 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
Ms Roberts said: "Our challenge is to use the same young and dynamic cast in two very different productions. They are up to that challenge and have been working hard in rehearsals since April."
Members of Viva have been attending the internationally renowned Edinburgh Festival for the past two years. They played to packed audiences and won awards for their renditions of the musicals Fame! and Back to the Eighties.
Blood Brothers and Little Shop of Horrors will be performed on July 12-14 Soham Village College.
Tickets are free, but can be booked by calling Martha Hazelden on 01353 722228 or emailing vivayouth@
There will be opportunities to give donations and take part in a draw.