Committee members ‘floored’ by village hall transformation thanks to donation
- Credit: Archant
A “tatty” village hall has been transformed thanks to a funding grant of nearly £11,000.
Members of Mepal Village Hall Committee received the cash injection from the Mick George Community Fund, administered through Grantscape.
David Stazicker, Mepal Village Hall Management Committee secretary, said: “The old floor was long past its sell-by, with tattered vinyl tiles in the main area, badly worn wood-block in another, and shabby carpet tiles, no longer securely glued in place, in another.
“This all looked tatty, had different levels, and was a problem to keep clean.”
Now, though, he says there is “elegant oak wood-block throughout, all on one level.
You may also want to watch:
Mepal Village Hall Committee chairman Allen Sallis added: “The transformation will enable us to offer so much more by way of social activities to the residents of Mepal and surrounding villages - particularly dancing, carpet bowls, keep fit programmes, indoor sports.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues