Committee members ‘floored’ by village hall transformation thanks to donation
- Credit: Archant
A “tatty” village hall has been transformed thanks to a funding grant of nearly £11,000.
Members of Mepal Village Hall Committee received the cash injection from the Mick George Community Fund, administered through Grantscape.
David Stazicker, Mepal Village Hall Management Committee secretary, said: “The old floor was long past its sell-by, with tattered vinyl tiles in the main area, badly worn wood-block in another, and shabby carpet tiles, no longer securely glued in place, in another.
“This all looked tatty, had different levels, and was a problem to keep clean.”
Now, though, he says there is “elegant oak wood-block throughout, all on one level.
You may also want to watch:
Mepal Village Hall Committee chairman Allen Sallis added: “The transformation will enable us to offer so much more by way of social activities to the residents of Mepal and surrounding villages - particularly dancing, carpet bowls, keep fit programmes, indoor sports.”
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 10 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’