Ely school can take part in fun and games thanks to donation from housebuilder
- Credit: Archant
A housebuilder has donated £250 to an Ely nursery school to buy new games and a stage for performances.
Spring Meadow Infant & Nursery School, in High Barns, received the money from McCarthy and Stone.
The school, which teaches children from nursery through to Year Two, hosted its annual joint summer fete last weekend run as a partnership of its Parent Staff Association and the Friends of Ely St Mary’s Junior School.
Some of the funds were used to purchase new games for the children to enjoy on the day.
The remainder of the money will go towards a new stage for the nursery children, which will help with the development of speech and language skills. Linda Dummett, co-chair of the joint parent and staff associations, said: “I would like to thank McCarthy and Stone for showing their support for our schools.
You may also want to watch:
“This donation has helped us to make a difference to children at all stages of their time at Spring Meadow and Ely St Mary’s, and we look forward to building on our relationship with McCarthy and Stone as it continues to establish a presence in Ely.”
McCarthy and Stone were the housebuilder behind the Roslyn Court Retirement Living Plus development on Lisle Lane in the Ely.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Cheryl Bissett, regional sales and marketing director at McCarthy and Stone East Midlands, said: “Spring Meadow Infant & Nursery School and Ely St Mary’s Junior Schools are superb schools in the area and we are delighted to be able give them a helping hand.”