Donate your time to collect for charity in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Marie Curie Cancer Care is appealing for the people of Ely to donate two hours of their time this Christmas by collecting in the city centre.
Volunteers are needed to help on December 5, 6 or 18.
Holly Vasey community fundraiser for Marie Curie in Cambridgeshire said: “We need over 30 people from Ely to help with our collections this Christmas.
“Donating just two hours of your time will allow Marie Curie nurses to provide more free care to people with terminal cancer and other illnesses in their own homes.
“It really is a wonderful time of year, and a time of year we all like to give something back.
You may also want to watch:
“You can sign up with a friend, colleagues, bring along your children or even your pets! It really can be a fun experience.”
Marie Curie nurses have given 6,390 hours of nursing care this year to terminally ill patients in Cambridgeshire and the money raised will continue to support the charity to keep their work going
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 6 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 7 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 8 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 9 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 10 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
To volunteer to collect sign up at: www.mariecurie.org.uk/collections or call Holly on 01604 442 315.