Donate your time to collect for charity in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Marie Curie Cancer Care is appealing for the people of Ely to donate two hours of their time this Christmas by collecting in the city centre.
Volunteers are needed to help on December 5, 6 or 18.
Holly Vasey community fundraiser for Marie Curie in Cambridgeshire said: “We need over 30 people from Ely to help with our collections this Christmas.
“Donating just two hours of your time will allow Marie Curie nurses to provide more free care to people with terminal cancer and other illnesses in their own homes.
“It really is a wonderful time of year, and a time of year we all like to give something back.
“You can sign up with a friend, colleagues, bring along your children or even your pets! It really can be a fun experience.”
Marie Curie nurses have given 6,390 hours of nursing care this year to terminally ill patients in Cambridgeshire and the money raised will continue to support the charity to keep their work going
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 7 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 8 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 9 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 10 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
To volunteer to collect sign up at: www.mariecurie.org.uk/collections or call Holly on 01604 442 315.