Donate your time to collect for charity in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Marie Curie Cancer Care is appealing for the people of Ely to donate two hours of their time this Christmas by collecting in the city centre.
Volunteers are needed to help on December 5, 6 or 18.
Holly Vasey community fundraiser for Marie Curie in Cambridgeshire said: “We need over 30 people from Ely to help with our collections this Christmas.
“Donating just two hours of your time will allow Marie Curie nurses to provide more free care to people with terminal cancer and other illnesses in their own homes.
“It really is a wonderful time of year, and a time of year we all like to give something back.
“You can sign up with a friend, colleagues, bring along your children or even your pets! It really can be a fun experience.”
Marie Curie nurses have given 6,390 hours of nursing care this year to terminally ill patients in Cambridgeshire and the money raised will continue to support the charity to keep their work going
- 1 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 2 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 7 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 8 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 9 Progress on introducing new 20mph speed limits to be discussed
- 10 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
To volunteer to collect sign up at: www.mariecurie.org.uk/collections or call Holly on 01604 442 315.