Donate your time to collect for charity in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Marie Curie Cancer Care is appealing for the people of Ely to donate two hours of their time this Christmas by collecting in the city centre.
Volunteers are needed to help on December 5, 6 or 18.
Holly Vasey community fundraiser for Marie Curie in Cambridgeshire said: “We need over 30 people from Ely to help with our collections this Christmas.
“Donating just two hours of your time will allow Marie Curie nurses to provide more free care to people with terminal cancer and other illnesses in their own homes.
“It really is a wonderful time of year, and a time of year we all like to give something back.
You may also want to watch:
“You can sign up with a friend, colleagues, bring along your children or even your pets! It really can be a fun experience.”
Marie Curie nurses have given 6,390 hours of nursing care this year to terminally ill patients in Cambridgeshire and the money raised will continue to support the charity to keep their work going
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
To volunteer to collect sign up at: www.mariecurie.org.uk/collections or call Holly on 01604 442 315.