Musician brings ‘The Classical Ukulele through 500 Years’ recital to Babylon Gallery in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Composer, guitarist, film maker and ukulele advocate Donald Bousted will perform his recital The Classical Ukulele through 500 Years at the Babylon Gallery in Ely on Sunday July 28.
In his recital, Donald will play music from the medieval, renaissance, baroque and classical periods as well as new music for the ukulele by Samantha Muir and Jake Shimabukuro.
As a guitarist, he has performed at venues such as St. Martin-in-the-Fields and St. John Smiths' Square in London and he has broadcast on Classic FM.
His compositions have been performed internationally and recorded onto CD. His films have featured in gallery settings and mixed-media events and have been broadcast on Sky TV.
He has lived in Norfolk since 2018 where he teaches privately through 'Improve your Guitar Playing' and in schools.
You may also want to watch:
Admission to the concert, which starts at 4.30pm, is free but there will be a retiring collection for Childline, which is administered by NSPCC.
To reserve your place, email email@example.com
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph