Don your red nose and join in the Rudolph Run at Addenbrooke’s Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust is organising its third annual Christmas fun run – the Rudolph Run – to raise money for Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie hospitals.
The festive sponsored run will be launched by KD Theatre Productions’ pantomime dame in full costume and will be supported by ACT mascots, Rudy Reindeer, Brooke Bear and Rosie Rabbit, who will also be competing against one another on Sunday December 6.
This year the trust is introducing a 10km route to mark the charity’s 10th anniversary, as well as a shorter 5km route, and the event is open to all.
Everyone is welcome to take part including children, infants in pushchairs and those with limited mobility.
The popular fun run starts from the Addenbrooke’s site and takes in the guided busway towards Trumpington Park and Ride, Addenbrooke’s Road and Long Road.
Mercy Kaggwa, community fundraiser at ACT, said: “Everyone is invited to join us at this year’s Rudolph Run at Addenbrooke’s. We all have so much fun and it is a lovely opportunity to get into the Christmas spirit with family and friends. All money raised will help support patient care across Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie. Register today and help us to make a difference at this special time of year.”
Other attractions on the day include sports massage, face painting, a lucky dip, Christmas carols from the Addenbrooke’s Choir and a warm up by the Frank Lee Leisure Centre fitness instructors.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 7 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 8 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 9 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
A small registration fee applies and participants will receive an event pack, runner number, goody bag, festive reindeer antlers and a flashing red nose
If you wish to take part on this year’s run, register online at act4addenbrookes.org.uk/RudolphRun, call 01223 349805 or email email@example.com.