Don’t take away Jazzy’s home’
LITTLE Abby Cowlan is taking on the might of giant developer, Multiplex, to save her pony s home. The six-year-old is spreading the message that the Mereham new town should never be allowed to carve up the Wilburton countryside where Jazzy is stabled. If
LITTLE Abby Cowlan is taking on the might of giant developer, Multiplex, to save her pony's home.
The six-year-old is spreading the message that the Mereham new town should never be allowed to carve up the Wilburton countryside where Jazzy is stabled.
If the project, to build 5,000 new homes, three schools, a community centre and industrial space, wins Government backing, 12-year-old Jazzy's grazing field will become part of the massive estate.
"Abby has been riding since she was 18 months old," said her mum, Fenella, from their home in Linden Close, Haddenham. "I told Abby all about the new houses which could be built on the land. Now she tells everyone that she doesn't want her pony's field to be taken away to make room for these houses."
You may also want to watch:
Abby, a pupil at Haddenham's Robert Arkenstall School, has just started riding across the fields with her mother, and her 20-month-old brother, Sam, has also spent time in the saddle.
"He loves it," said Fenella. "He's all smiles. Riding is a really important pastime for our family.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
"If this field is lost we would have to find another home for Abby's pony. But there is no way we could afford to buy land.