Don’t park in Church Lane, Littleport junction warn East Cambs Police
- Credit: Archant
East Cambridgeshire Police are making it clear that Church Lane in Littleport is not to be parked in.
Alongside a picture of the junction posted onto their Facebook page, they wrote: “It is possible that the double yellow line ending before the broken white line causes people to think there is room to park in the mouth of this junction.
“It is causing visibility issues that are dangerous to drivers coming in and out of the junction, to passing traffic, and to pedestrians.”
PCSO Annie Austin, who patrols Littleport, said: “We don’t want to issue fines - but we do have to enforce the parking in situations like these where unnecessary obstruction is caused and becomes a danger to other road users.”
However, the post hasn’t sat well with social media users.
You may also want to watch:
One person said: “What about disabled people who want to park and go to church? They will get fined for going to see the good lord. Unbelievable.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol