Don't Forget To Register If You Want To Vote
IF you want to vote in the county council elections you will have to sign up to vote by May 19. The elections take place on June 4. As part of its Do Something Amazing campaign – the county council is reminding residents that to register, they must cont
IF you want to vote in the county council elections you will have to sign up to vote by May 19. The elections take place on June 4.
As part of its Do Something Amazing campaign - the county council is reminding residents that to register, they must contact their local district council.
East Cambridgeshire District Council: 01353 665555 and ask for the Election team or click on www.eastcambs.gov.uk
Fenland: Contact the Council's Electoral Services Team on 01354 622323
You may also want to watch:
Mark Lloyd, chief executive of Cambridgeshire County Council, said: "In order to Do Something Amazing and vote in the county council elections you have to have register to vote by May 19 with your local district or city council. I cannot stress how important it is to register - if you don't, you lose your right to have a say on the things which affect your future.
"This may be the first chance you have to vote or perhaps you have voted in the past but are wondering whether to this year. Whatever the situation contact your local council who can talk you through the process of voting - it only takes a few minutes of your time but can make a big difference. Your registration will also enable you to vote in the European elections which are on the same day.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 7 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 8 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 9 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 10 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend