Don’t drink and drive at Wilburton Beer Festival - enjoy a pint and a bus ride
- Credit: Archant
Beer lovers are being reminded to stay legal by raising a glass to a local bus service which can shuttle people back home and keep them on the right side of the law.
The Zipper bus service will be on hand for the Wilburton Beer Festival to make sure funsters are not tempted to drink and drive.
Cambridgeshire County Councillor Bill Hunt, who campaigned for the service, said: “The Zipper service is a great way for the whole family to enjoy the Wilburton Beer Festival without being tempted to drive.
“With a link from the villages to Ely and a stop right by the event itself it’s the perfect way to go to the festival.
“It seems fitting that this popular community event can also be reached by community transport which was brought in to target the places our local residents needed to get to.
You may also want to watch:
“The festival is much more than about beer and has something for all the family.
“Not only would we encourage people to use it for the event but why not become a regular customer.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Cllr Hunt also praised the work of the Wilburton Beer Festival Committee for putting on another great event and hoped everyone had a good time.
The family event has raised £56,000 for local charities and takes place on Saturday 18 and Sunday June 19. The Festival starts at noon until midnight on Saturday and noon to 6pm on Sunday.
The Dews run Zipper service, which is backed by Cambridgeshire County Council, runs between Witcham, Haddenham, Aldreth, Wilburton, Stretham, Little Thetford and Ely Monday to Saturday.
Visit the festival website for more details.