Don’t dither, give blood!
THE National Blood Service is asking people in East Cambridgeshire to make it their New Year s resolution to give blood. Gareth Bell of the NBS said: It takes just an hour to give blood, and that gift could save several lives. Only five per cent of the
THE National Blood Service is asking people in East Cambridgeshire to make it their New Year's resolution to give blood.
Gareth Bell of the NBS said: "It takes just an hour to give blood, and that gift could save several lives.
"Only five per cent of the eligible population currently donate, so we're hoping that people will make every effort this year to become a regular donor."
To be eligible to become a donor, you must be aged between 17 and 59, weigh more than 7st 12lbs (50kg) and be in good health.
You may also want to watch:
"The New Year is a good time to take stock of your life and plan any changes for the year ahead, and we would like new, lapsed and regular donors to make a special New Year's resolution to give blood.
INFO: For further information, call the National Blood Service on 08457 711711 or visit www.blood.co.uk
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
The next blood donor session in Ely will be at The Maltings, Ely, on Tuesday, January 16, from 10am-12.30pm and from 2pm-4pm.
There's a chance to give blood at the Walter Gedney Pavilion, Soham, on Wednesday, January 17, from 1pm-3.30pm and from 4.30-7pm.
The bloodmobile will visit Martham Village Hall, White Street, Burwell, on Wednesday, January 24, from 1pm-3.30pm and from 4.30-6.55pm. Donors must make appointments for this visit on 0845 7 711 711.