Doggie fun day put pooches through their paces
MORE than 100 dogs and their faithful owners were put through their paces as part of the first ever doggie fun day organised by the K9 Project.
Designed to promote responsible dog ownership as well as having fun with dogs, dozens of pooches joined in the day which saw a companion dog show, flyball and agility demonstrations and have a go sessions.
The Wood Green Animal Charities School for dogs were in attendance and there was plenty of advice on hand about issues ranging from behaviour to diet and nutrition.
There were children’s activities also provided by Wood Green and tombola and raffles.
The young people from the K9 Project’s groups were on hand volunteering, and running their own stall as well as taking K9 Project groups dogs into the activities.
You may also want to watch:
The day was funded by Sanctuary Housing, which made a donation to the K9 Project to fund three doggy fun and educational days for pets in East Cambridgeshire.
For more information check out www.k9project.co.uk or call Chris on 07552462040
- 1 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 2 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 County council orders review into £120m lending to This Land
- 5 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 6 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 7 ‘Fantastic’ week at musical theatre workshop
- 8 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 9 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 10 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle