Doggie fun day put pooches through their paces
MORE than 100 dogs and their faithful owners were put through their paces as part of the first ever doggie fun day organised by the K9 Project.
Designed to promote responsible dog ownership as well as having fun with dogs, dozens of pooches joined in the day which saw a companion dog show, flyball and agility demonstrations and have a go sessions.
The Wood Green Animal Charities School for dogs were in attendance and there was plenty of advice on hand about issues ranging from behaviour to diet and nutrition.
There were children’s activities also provided by Wood Green and tombola and raffles.
The young people from the K9 Project’s groups were on hand volunteering, and running their own stall as well as taking K9 Project groups dogs into the activities.
You may also want to watch:
The day was funded by Sanctuary Housing, which made a donation to the K9 Project to fund three doggy fun and educational days for pets in East Cambridgeshire.
For more information check out www.k9project.co.uk or call Chris on 07552462040
- 1 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 2 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 3 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 4 Cast announced for open-air musical in cathedral grounds
- 5 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Hundreds of singers and musicians capture ‘Spirit of the Fens’ at concert
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 Councillors to spend £1m in bid to tackle climate change
- 10 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute