Dog walker recovers farm machinery stolen on Friday, recovered on Saturday- and now police have suspect in custody
- Credit: Archant
Farm equipment stolen from the Meadow View Industrial Estate, Burwell, on Friday was recovered on Saturday morning following a phone call from a helpful dog walker.
The member of the public was walking his dog along the bank of the River Lark when he encountered several pieces of heavy machinery including a tractor with seeder on the back of an industrial trailer.
The owner of the equipment was delighted to be reunited with his property.
One man has been arrested for handling stolen goods and was interviewed over the course of the weekend. The suspect has been detained on police bail pending continued investigation.
Detective Constable Natasha Doyle said: “The equipment was concealed behind the trees and bushed by the bank of the river at the top of Soham Tunnel Drove.
“We think that the thieves were hoping to store it there until they sourced customers that were willing to buy it from them.
“This kind of rural criminality threatens the local economy and increases the rates of industrial insurance. We’re very keen to identify anyone who is connected to this crime and invite witnesses to come forward to speak with us”
- 1 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 2 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 5 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 6 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 7 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 8 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 9 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 10 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
Anyone with any information regarding this matter can contact us directly via this Facebook page, by calling 101, or anonymously through CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111