Dog walker recovers farm machinery stolen on Friday, recovered on Saturday- and now police have suspect in custody
- Credit: Archant
Farm equipment stolen from the Meadow View Industrial Estate, Burwell, on Friday was recovered on Saturday morning following a phone call from a helpful dog walker.
The member of the public was walking his dog along the bank of the River Lark when he encountered several pieces of heavy machinery including a tractor with seeder on the back of an industrial trailer.
The owner of the equipment was delighted to be reunited with his property.
One man has been arrested for handling stolen goods and was interviewed over the course of the weekend. The suspect has been detained on police bail pending continued investigation.
Detective Constable Natasha Doyle said: “The equipment was concealed behind the trees and bushed by the bank of the river at the top of Soham Tunnel Drove.
You may also want to watch:
“We think that the thieves were hoping to store it there until they sourced customers that were willing to buy it from them.
“This kind of rural criminality threatens the local economy and increases the rates of industrial insurance. We’re very keen to identify anyone who is connected to this crime and invite witnesses to come forward to speak with us”
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
Anyone with any information regarding this matter can contact us directly via this Facebook page, by calling 101, or anonymously through CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111