Dog walker is left with concussion after being hit on the head in attack as he walked along Padnal in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A man was left with concussion after being attacked as he walked his daughter’s dog along Padnal in Littleport yesterday evening.
Police are investigating the assault which happened sometime between 7.45pm and 8pm.
The man’s daughter posted on the Littleport Notice Board Facebook page and said: “My dad was walking my dog down padnal, walking from the beet pad towards the houses.
“He was hit from behind with a weapon that knocked him to the floor. He struggled to hold the dog. My dad suffered from bad concussion which has caused him to not remember any of the attack, all he remembers is the struggle to keep hold of the dog.
“This is a vicious attack that caused a fully grown man to be taken to hospital and the person responsible needs to be caught.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone has any information that could be useful please do let us know.
There has been other incidents involving cockerpoos, they seem to desirable. Please all be careful.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
A police spokesman said: “Anyone who was in the area at the time and may have seen something is asked to call police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.”