Dog show in Littleport is a huge success
- Credit: Archant
Dog owners from across the region gathered for a popular dog show held in Littleport which attracted more than 1,056 dogs and their owners.
David Knights, secretary of Newmarket and District Canine Society, said: “Littleport is one of the best places to come to. It’s friendly, and they really do have good amenities.
“The Leisure Centre management even cut and maintain the grass for us and I am sure that we will continue to come here once the new leisure centre is built.”
Those who attended the obedience competition got to see two border collies win the Kennel Club Obedience Certificate.
Nobite Defence of The Realm (a dog) owned by Geraldine Steadman from Bedfordshire and Jezzaddy Its Snow Floozie (a bitch) handled by Philomena Barnes from Worcestershire have both won their ticket to compete in this year’s Crufts.
Among the many winners were Sittingbourne’s Joy Beer and Shih Tzu pair, four year old champion, Josh, who won the open class, best of breed, group three, and was first in champion stakes winning £25, while eight month old Theo finished first in the puppy class and claimed third spot in the puppy stakes winning £5.
Anne Stacey from Stansted was delighted that Max, a handsome three-year-old Rottweiler came first again, picking up the best of breed title.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
Lindsay French from Stowmarket’s two shelties, Pebbles, five, and Sadie, two, came fourth and reserve respectively in their breed category. They will compete in other shows including the Norfolk Show and the East of England Championship in July.