Firefighters to the rescue as dog saved from house fire
- Credit: Google Maps
A dog was saved by firefighters after a house caught fire.
The dog was rescued from a property in Mepal after a fire broke out yesterday afternoon (Thursday).
Nobody was injured in the blaze.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “At 3.20pm, one crew from Chatteris and the south roaming fire engine were called to a house fire on Meadow Way, Mepal.
“Crews arrived to find a fire in the kitchen of the bungalow.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, before using a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke.”
Cambs Fire said the cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress