Sausage dog rescued from wine rack
- Credit: CAMBS FIRE & RESCUE SERVICE
A sausage dog had to be rescued after she got stuck in a wine rack.
Fire crews came to the aid of Millie the Dachshund who got into a spot of bother at her home in Waterbeach on Monday August 2.
The south roaming fire engine and its team were among those who assisted with the animal rescue on Jubilee Close.
When they arrived shortly after 5pm, crews found her stuck in a wine rack - however, they do not know how she got there.
Firefighters used cutters to release her from the rack and she was soon back into the arms of her owners.
You may also want to watch:
It took roughly 30 minutes to free Millie, according to Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service.
The crews left the incident shortly after 5.30pm.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
One person commended the fire service for the quick rescue, saying: "They did a first-class job. If I was the owner I would have been very worried.
"Thanks again for helping this four-legged friend."