Dog agility show returns to leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
A fund-raising dog agility show was held at Littleport Leisure Centre last weekend.
Entrants competed for the winner’s rosettes in a variety of categories, from agility and power to speed and jumping.
The event was organised by Alma and Tony Ryman, who have decades of experience in the field of dog agility, including qualification for the 2011 Cruft’s agility event with sheltie, Bluie.
Cracker, a two-year-old collie cross cocker spaniel, and his owner Susan Carrol, from Newmarket, was one of the many stars of the Littleport show, with the picking up half a dozen winners’ rosettes.
Natasha Chambers, 18, from Little Downham, with her two-year-old Indie, a Shetland sheepdog cross collie, was a winner in the novice agility event.
You may also want to watch:
“Six years we’ve been running this event at Littleport’s Leisure Centre and the money we make from selling all our homemade cakes goes towards Milton Children’s Hospice,” said Mrs Ryman, who hopes even more people will attend their show which returns to the village on August 1-2.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion