Docky Hut Café re-opens at Wicken Fen Nature Reserve following expansion of kitchen and seating areas
- Credit: Archant
The Docky Hut Café at Wicken Fen Nature Reserve has re-opened following expansion of the kitchen and seating areas.
Re-launched on Tuesday, March 3, the café has been given a new lease of life and a new image with a new wall mural and lighting upgrades.
A spokesman said: "Having listened to feedback from visitors, a plan was created to develop and extend the existing café building.
"Creating a more spacious and inviting seating area, with a larger kitchen equipped to produce a broader range of food."
The café was originally opened in 2003, in a building that started life as a tractor shed.
You may also want to watch:
"So that the spirit of the building was not lost, it was important that the design for the project was sympathetic to the unique, historic, fen environment," the spokesman added.
Old pantiles re-used to help blend the old with the new, and materials were chosen to be sensitive to the existing building.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Sarah Smith, general manager, said: "The completion of the Docky Hut Café project will greatly improve our visitors' experience.
"Providing a relaxing space to enjoy a wider selection of delicious seasonal recipes inspired by Wicken Fen Nature Reserve and its beautiful natural environment."