Do you know this DVD player?
ELY police are hoping to reunite what they believe is a stolen DVD player with its rightful owner through the pages of the Ely Standard. Det Srgt S Tim Underhill of Ely police is pictured at our Market Street office with the machine last week. We were in
ELY police are hoping to reunite what they believe is a stolen DVD player with its rightful owner through the pages of the Ely Standard.
Det Srgt S Tim Underhill of Ely police is pictured at our Market Street office with the machine last week.
"We were investigating a burglary, and as part of our inquiries this DVD player has been recovered," he said.
"The circumstances lead us to believe that it may have been stolen and we'd like to identify the owner - we thought we'd try something a bit different."
You may also want to watch:
The player has a completed safety sticker on the plug, initialled GC with a December 05 date.
"Someone has completed that sticker," DS Underhill said.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 7 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 8 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
Either a company or the person who filled out the sticker will recognise it and come forward."
INFO: Call 0845 456 456 4 and ask for DS Tim Underhill.
Pic cap: DS Tim Underhill with a DVD player he hopes to unite with its owner.