Do you have any spare wool? Littleport and Ely Timebank needs your help to make fiddle muffs for the elderly
- Credit: Archant
Littleport and Ely Timebank is appealing for unwanted wool as part of a campaign to provide Christmas care packages to socially isolated elderly members of the community.
The wool will be used by Timebank volunteers to create handmade gifts including lap blankets and “fiddle muffs” to benefit those with conditions including Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s.
Timebank is hoping to knit 100 items and is asking for help from the community for any unwanted wool which might be lurking in the back of a cupboard.
The completed Christmas care packages will be distributed to care agencies and nursing homes across the Ely area in early December.
Sigma Embroidery on Littleport High Street, Re-Imagine Resource Centre at Witchford recycling centre (from early September) and Cutlacks on Fore Hill, Ely, have volunteered as drop-off points for donated wool in the next few months.
You may also want to watch:
For more infromation contact Caline on email@example.com or call 07702517746.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor