Do you have any handbags, scarves and perfumes to donate for Cancer Research’s ‘indulgence day’?
- Credit: Archant
Do you have any classy handbags, purses, hats, scalfs and perfumes which you no longer use and would like to give to charity?
Items like these would be the perfect donation to help the Cancer Research Charity Shop in Ely with their ‘indulgence day’.
Taking place next month, the indulgence day aims to raise hundreds of pounds to help improve treatments for children with cancer and prolong lives.
“We’ll be selling all the things that ladies love,” said Elizabeth Robinson, who is one of the organisers.
“From handbags to scarves, books to DVDs and perfumes, we’ve asked our volunteers if they can donate anything and we’d also love donations from members of the public.
“We are hoping to raise more than £250 over the weekend, but anything we can raise will be lovely.
The indulgence day will be open from 9am until 5.30pm on Saturday June 11 and is part of a national goal to double fundraising over the next five years.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 5 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 6 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 7 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
If you would like to donate visit Cancer Research UK, 2 Coronation Parade, High Street Ely or call 01353 669550.