Do you have any handbags, scarves and perfumes to donate for Cancer Research’s ‘indulgence day’?
- Credit: Archant
Do you have any classy handbags, purses, hats, scalfs and perfumes which you no longer use and would like to give to charity?
Items like these would be the perfect donation to help the Cancer Research Charity Shop in Ely with their ‘indulgence day’.
Taking place next month, the indulgence day aims to raise hundreds of pounds to help improve treatments for children with cancer and prolong lives.
“We’ll be selling all the things that ladies love,” said Elizabeth Robinson, who is one of the organisers.
“From handbags to scarves, books to DVDs and perfumes, we’ve asked our volunteers if they can donate anything and we’d also love donations from members of the public.
You may also want to watch:
“We are hoping to raise more than £250 over the weekend, but anything we can raise will be lovely.
The indulgence day will be open from 9am until 5.30pm on Saturday June 11 and is part of a national goal to double fundraising over the next five years.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
If you would like to donate visit Cancer Research UK, 2 Coronation Parade, High Street Ely or call 01353 669550.