Do Something Amazing Campaign Looks At Children and Adult Services
THE county council has produced a film as part of its Do Something Amazing campaign that puts the focus on some of the community and adult services. The film is the latest in a series, which can be seen on Cambridgeshire County Council s website Cambridg
THE county council has produced a film as part of its Do Something Amazing campaign that puts the focus on some of the community and adult services.
The film is the latest in a series, which can be seen on Cambridgeshire County Council's website Cambridgeshire.gov.uk and You Tube, which shows the kind of services that council officers provide.
The initiative is part of the council's Do Something Amazing campaign which is using the internet to encourage people to vote on June 4.
The latest film shows the work carried out by Community and Adult Services in providing library and archives, day support for people with learning disabilities and the use of technological equipment to support people with a variety of needs.
You may also want to watch:
It is designed to give a brief insight into some of the work carried out everyday by the council and how resident's votes will help shape what amazing things officers will be doing in the future.
Residents can sign up on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest updates or text the word 'election' to 81025 to receive free reminders and information on their mobile phone.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 6 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 10 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
The county council website www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk also features an interactive map with all the candidates and polling station locations.
Mark Lloyd, chief executive of Cambridgeshire County Council, said: "These films should give residents an insight into some of the services delivered every day by the council for our communities. Your vote will help shape what amazing things the council will be doing in the future and we want to encourage everyone to exercise their right on June 4. This is the first time the council has used the web like this to encourage more people to vote. Please do something amazing on June 4 and vote.