Diverse Crafts and Curiosities Market in Ely gets a big turnout
- Credit: Archant
Ely market place was packed as more than 40 traders joined the Sunday regulars to put on a diverse Crafts and Curiosities Market.
There were specialist cheese and olive sellers, hand made jewellery, sheepskins, basket wares, traditional sweets and fudge, handmade greeting cards, artistic glassware, beadwork, home brew kits, vintage clothing and designer handbags.
Other interesting products included handicrafts, mosaics, crystals and fossils.
The event was organised by former Fenland District Council markets and events manager Mike Chapman, who was also responsible for the Wisbech Heritage Fair.
He said: “Over 40 traders joined the regular monthly food and flowers event and added a new aspect to the city centre.
You may also want to watch:
“Traders and city centre shops reported increased trade and the public were very happy with the new and unusual stalls offering a wide range of crafts, jewellery, woodcraft and rarely seen eclectic gifts.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment