Diverse Crafts and Curiosities Market in Ely gets a big turnout
- Credit: Archant
Ely market place was packed as more than 40 traders joined the Sunday regulars to put on a diverse Crafts and Curiosities Market.
There were specialist cheese and olive sellers, hand made jewellery, sheepskins, basket wares, traditional sweets and fudge, handmade greeting cards, artistic glassware, beadwork, home brew kits, vintage clothing and designer handbags.
Other interesting products included handicrafts, mosaics, crystals and fossils.
The event was organised by former Fenland District Council markets and events manager Mike Chapman, who was also responsible for the Wisbech Heritage Fair.
He said: “Over 40 traders joined the regular monthly food and flowers event and added a new aspect to the city centre.
You may also want to watch:
“Traders and city centre shops reported increased trade and the public were very happy with the new and unusual stalls offering a wide range of crafts, jewellery, woodcraft and rarely seen eclectic gifts.”
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 6 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity