Dive under the sea when Viva’s ‘The Little Mermaid’ comes to Soham
- Credit: Archant
Find yourself under the sea when Viva theatre group brings their production of ‘The Little Mermaid’ to Soham this month.
Since April the cast of 70, aged seven to 15, have been working hard at rehearsals and show
week is now around the corner.
Expect to hear all the classic songs including ‘Under the Sea’ and ‘Part of your world’ as well as all of the well-known characters.
Ariel will be played by Macey Bennett, making her lead debut having been involved in Viva since the age of five!
The show has had two director’s involved, Ben Clark and Lee Sherwood, who have both been performing in Viva shows for a number of years and decided it was time to try a hand at directing.
Mr Clark said: “This whole production has been a journey that I will never forget.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 9 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 10 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
“I have never been so proud of a company that brings together people from completely different backgrounds and towns and forms new friendships that will last a long, long time.”
The Little Mermaid will be performed in July on Thursday 14 (7.30pm), Friday 15 (7.30pm), Saturday 16 matinee (2.30pm) and evening (7.30pm).
Tickets, £10, are available from the Viva Box Office on 01353 722 228 or online at www.wegottickets.com. Tickets are selling fast so make sure you do not wait!
For more information on Viva and how you can get involved visit www.viva-group.org.uk