Distraught couple offer reward for return of cats
A COUPLE’S dream holiday to Florida turned to despair after they arrived home to find their two pet cats had escaped from a cattery.
Now Dean Faulkner – the owner of Silver Birch Kennels and Cattery in Littleport – has offered �200 for the safe return of both of Laura Porter and Daniel Bowman’s cats.
The couple are also putting up a �300 reward for the return of Badgie and Bella, who escaped on June 22.
Mr Faulkner said: “Everyone at Silver Birch feels deeply upset by the disappearance of Badgie and Bella.
“Unfortunately, the high winds we experienced towards the end of June compromised the security of one of the pens and the two cats saw an opportunity to escape.
You may also want to watch:
“These events were unforeseen and we have now implemented additional security at the cattery.”
Mr Faulkner feared the cats had been stolen and called the police before alerting Miss Porter’s parents that the pair had escaped from the cattery.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash
Miss Porter, of Little Downham, said: “We had a dream holiday and then came home to a nightmare.
“Since their disappearance we think they may have travelled far from the cattery and could be anywhere around Fenland. We know it’s such a sparse area but we refuse to give up. We’ve been looking for them every day.
“We’ve had a tremendous amount of support and advice and remain positive that we will find our girls. I plead with people to check their garages and sheds because our cats could be anywhere and they’re very precious to us.
“We are devastated to think they are out there, lost, and perhaps alone. We desperately want them home.”
Contact: 07500773425 or 07786986050.