Distraction thieves target shop staff
POLICE are appealing for information after three mobile phones were stolen by distraction thieves from a salon in Littleport.
The members of staff noticed their iphones had been stolen after a man and woman entered the shop on the Main Street yesterday (Wednesday) at 5.10pm.
A woman asked the receptionist if she could book an appointment while the man asked if he could use the toilet.
The only toilet was in the staff area at the back of the salon, the man was only in the area for a brief period of time before they both then left towards Granby Street.
The staff noticed their iphones were missing from their handbags a short time later.
The woman is described as middle eastern, about 5’5”, between 21 and 40, with long, dark-plaited hair and was wearing a dark top and blue jeans.
The man is described as middle eastern and about six foot, between 21 and 40, with short dark hair and was wearing a long dark coat, a dark top and jeans. He also had a number of rings on his fingers.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
Police Sergeant Will Davis, who is investigating, said: “The offenders took advantage of the good natured staff to help themselves to their valuables and I am keen to speak to anyone with information.”
Anyone with information should contact PS Davis on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.