Distraction thieves target shop staff
POLICE are appealing for information after three mobile phones were stolen by distraction thieves from a salon in Littleport.
The members of staff noticed their iphones had been stolen after a man and woman entered the shop on the Main Street yesterday (Wednesday) at 5.10pm.
A woman asked the receptionist if she could book an appointment while the man asked if he could use the toilet.
The only toilet was in the staff area at the back of the salon, the man was only in the area for a brief period of time before they both then left towards Granby Street.
The staff noticed their iphones were missing from their handbags a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
The woman is described as middle eastern, about 5’5”, between 21 and 40, with long, dark-plaited hair and was wearing a dark top and blue jeans.
The man is described as middle eastern and about six foot, between 21 and 40, with short dark hair and was wearing a long dark coat, a dark top and jeans. He also had a number of rings on his fingers.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 8 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
Police Sergeant Will Davis, who is investigating, said: “The offenders took advantage of the good natured staff to help themselves to their valuables and I am keen to speak to anyone with information.”
Anyone with information should contact PS Davis on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.