Distraction burglars strike in Wilburton
MEN claiming to be from the gas and water board tricked their way into homes in Wilburton on Thursday.
The incident happened at a property in Stretham Road between 1.50pm and 2.15pm, when a man, claiming there was a burst water main and the water was contaminated, tricked his way into a woman’s home.
He distracted the woman in the kitchen while another man searched rooms in the property. The men left and nothing was stolen.
The first man is described as white, between 35 and 40, 5’5” to 5’6”, slim with short dark hair which was wavy on top. He was wearing a light-blue striped shirt, navy trousers and black shoes.
The second man is described as white, between 45 and 52, 5’6”, of medium build, with short hair. He was wearing a light-brown cardigan and black trousers.
You may also want to watch:
DC Neil Gibbs, investigating, said: “It is despicable to target elderly or vulnerable people in this way. These offenders deliberately tried to con their way into the homes and I would urge anyone with information about those responsible to contact police.”
Anyone with information should contact either DC Gibbs at Huntingdon Police Station on 101 or CID at Ely Police Station, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Town considers home for market
- 9 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate