Distraction burglars strike in Wilburton
MEN claiming to be from the gas and water board tricked their way into homes in Wilburton on Thursday.
The incident happened at a property in Stretham Road between 1.50pm and 2.15pm, when a man, claiming there was a burst water main and the water was contaminated, tricked his way into a woman’s home.
He distracted the woman in the kitchen while another man searched rooms in the property. The men left and nothing was stolen.
The first man is described as white, between 35 and 40, 5’5” to 5’6”, slim with short dark hair which was wavy on top. He was wearing a light-blue striped shirt, navy trousers and black shoes.
The second man is described as white, between 45 and 52, 5’6”, of medium build, with short hair. He was wearing a light-brown cardigan and black trousers.
You may also want to watch:
DC Neil Gibbs, investigating, said: “It is despicable to target elderly or vulnerable people in this way. These offenders deliberately tried to con their way into the homes and I would urge anyone with information about those responsible to contact police.”
Anyone with information should contact either DC Gibbs at Huntingdon Police Station on 101 or CID at Ely Police Station, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 7 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 8 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 9 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 10 Chilled out seal photographed relaxing on Cambs riverbank