Dirty mattress dumped in doorway of Littleport charity shop
- Credit: Archant
A dirty mattress with a large stain was dumped outside of a Littleport charity shop.
The item along with a metal bed frame was left in the doorway of Littleport Branching Out on January 8.
Charity shop owners took to social media to express their anger - saying they would need to pay to have it removed.
The post on their Facebook page read: "This is the latest donation in our doorway this morning!!!! I'm sure you will agree it is not a saleable item. "The charity will now have to pay to dispose of this!!
"Please only donate items which we can sell to raise much needed money to support the vulnerable people we support."
You may also want to watch:
Luckily, a local company spotted the post and collected the bed frame few of charge at the end of last week.
One person commented: "Just awful, pure selfishness and laziness. It should have gone to the tip."
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 7 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
The charity shop supports people with learning disabilities.