Diocese of Ely welcomes new director of ministry
- Credit: Archant
The Reverend Canon Linda Church has been appointed director of ministry for the Diocese of Ely.
Linda is currently Rector of the Four Church Benefice comprising the parishes of Fowlmere, Foxton, Shepreth and Thriplow in South Cambridgeshire.
Previously she was team rector of Hucknall in the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham.
Speaking about her appointment, the Bishop of Ely, the Rt Revd Stephen Conway, said: “Canon Linda Church will bring her rich experience as a parish priest to the role of director of ministry. It is very good to have such an experienced training incumbent developing and caring for your curates.
“She also brings to the post long established and considerable skills in the areas of leadership and continuing ministerial development. I look forward to seeing all the positive impact of her own skills to the development of a collaborative Ministry Team.”
Prior to her ordination training, Linda worked as a clinical physiotherapist and in rehabilitation services.
Linda said: “I am looking forward to this challenging role at a time when the diocese is re-imaging collaborative working of ministry at every level. And, in particular, to developing much closer working relationships with all the members of the extended team.”
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
Linda is married to Lawrence and they have three grown up children. Linda will formally take up her appointment from the beginning of January.