Diocese of Ely welcomes new director of ministry
- Credit: Archant
The Reverend Canon Linda Church has been appointed director of ministry for the Diocese of Ely.
Linda is currently Rector of the Four Church Benefice comprising the parishes of Fowlmere, Foxton, Shepreth and Thriplow in South Cambridgeshire.
Previously she was team rector of Hucknall in the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham.
Speaking about her appointment, the Bishop of Ely, the Rt Revd Stephen Conway, said: “Canon Linda Church will bring her rich experience as a parish priest to the role of director of ministry. It is very good to have such an experienced training incumbent developing and caring for your curates.
“She also brings to the post long established and considerable skills in the areas of leadership and continuing ministerial development. I look forward to seeing all the positive impact of her own skills to the development of a collaborative Ministry Team.”
You may also want to watch:
Prior to her ordination training, Linda worked as a clinical physiotherapist and in rehabilitation services.
Linda said: “I am looking forward to this challenging role at a time when the diocese is re-imaging collaborative working of ministry at every level. And, in particular, to developing much closer working relationships with all the members of the extended team.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 9 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
Linda is married to Lawrence and they have three grown up children. Linda will formally take up her appointment from the beginning of January.